Thursday, January 24, 2008

Una Mas Clase!

Tomorrow is my last Spanish class here. It has been a wonderful experience to spend three weeks in Honduras at Our Little Roses and to learn Spanish. I have learned so much! I will return home able to understand a lot and able to speak a little more. I am far from fluent, but I have a better foundation on which to continue to build!

In celebration of one more class - una mas clase - and as a thank you to Belkis, we went to dinner and a movie tonight. On the way we stopped at Parque Central so I could take pictures of the statues (see Substitute Teacher). Sadly the fountains were not working, but I did get my pictures of the Honduran women. You can see they are very, very strong women! Our Little Roses is a place where strong and caring women are raised. It's been a privilege to live here among them. I have lollipops to give the girls at lunch tomorrow as a 'thank you' for their hospitality. I hope to say a few words of thanks, but I may only get to say "Muchas Gracias"!

I have done and seen things I never would have imagined before coming here. Our Little Roses is a wonderful ministry and I would definitely recommend their language school. The impact of this trip on my life and my ministry will be significant. I have not really had time to process all that I have done, seen and experienced.

Thank you for accompanying me on this journey! It's been great to share this with you. Adios!

3 comments:

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Brava for your wonderful time there and for sharing it with us. Looking forward to seeing you back here in the frozen US!

bethoc said...

Guess I'd better take some socks in my backpack as I'm wearing my birkenstocks ahora!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Beth. We are praying for you and sending prayer support. What a beautiful people and girls sound wonderful. It must be a real eye-opening inspiration. Hopefully, you can help make the world a better place. Fondly, Catherine E. Cook, MDIV, MA, QMHP