Thursday, January 10, 2008

Outing to the Supermercado

After lunch Belkis and I went to the grocery store - supermercado - because I wanted to buy some fruit and she needed to buy some candy bars. The girls are being taken on a field trip by the group from Palm Beach, FL who is here for the week. I will tell you more about them later. The candy bars are for the box lunches that will be taken on the field trip. I have been invited to join the field trip too!

Here's a photo of the outside of the supermercado and a photo of the candy aisle. In addition to Skittles and other Hershey's candy there were candies that I did not recognize.












I bought a t-shirt at the store for the field trip. We are going to the Pulhapanazak Falls and I understand that I'm likely to get very, very wet!

During class today Belkis took me around the campus so I could describe what I saw to her using the indefinite article or the Spanish equivalents of "there is" and "this/that thing". It was good practice putting vocabulary together with the indefinite article!

Since I don't have class tomorrow I have a lot of homework - mucho tarea!

No comments: