Monday, January 7, 2008

1st Day of School in Honduras

Buenos Dias. It's 6:30 AM and I've already missed breakfast. The girls, 61 live at OLR, get up at 4AM and have breakfast at 5AM so they can leave for school by 6AM. Belkis told me I could get breakfast at 6:20 - she was being very nice - but when I went to the dining room it was locked! Good thing I brought some granola bars and peanut butter (thanks Robin and Lauren!). I will find coffee when the Admin office opens (I hope). I haven't found a coffee maker in my apartment yet.

I haven't slept in a bunk bed for decades! Decided for a lower bunk as I didn't want to fall from the top as I heard one girl did the other night. The roosters started around 2AM to greet the world!

More later. I need to get breakfast.

2 comments:

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Glad you got there and are settled in. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. The seniors survived their GOEs and there was a party at Libby's last night to celebrate. Everyone seems a little shell-shocked. Jan term classes start today, so I'm headed over to school to write my sermon for Sunday and do some reading.

Looking forward to reading more-
Mary T

Unknown said...

Wow. You must have left right after the Eucharist on Saturday... glad you made it safely. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Looking forward to hearing more. Just know that you will be in our prayers.