Friday, January 11, 2008

A Night at the Movies!

The group from Palm Beach invited the girls to a night at the movies yesterday. The movie screen - white with film boarders - is painted on the wall of the compound. As you can see, the girls sit on the ground - it's a rubber mat over concrete - or on chairs that they bring out from the chapel. The feature film was "My Big Fat Greek Wedding!" complete with Spanish subtitles and English subtitles when they were speaking Greek. It was a lot of fun! There was a lot of high-pitched screaming when Tula and Ian were kissing - and they kissed a lot!!



As I sat on the ground during the movie one of the younger girls, probably five years old, timidly approached me. When I smiled at her she smiled back! I guess she decided I was okay because she started to touch my hair. I'm not sure if she was interested in the short or gray hair or if she has aspirations of becoming a hair stylist, but she eventually got a clump of my hair and put a rubber band around it! "Bonita" - pretty!

1 comment:

JulieBud said...

Beth
I think that it had to be the grey hair. I have really enjoyed reading your blog - it is my first blog that I have ever read....(help me help me).
It sounds like you are having a good time and learning a lot. Hang in there and keep the adventure info coming.
Judy