Monday, January 7, 2008

1st Clase

Hola! Como esta?
Bien Gracias. Y tu'?
Muy Bien Gracias!

This was the lesson covered in the 1st 5 minutes of class. We covered lots more during the next 3 1/2 hours! I have 4 pages of nouns and verbs! Now I need to put post-it notes all over my apartment to identify each piece of furniture and item. Belkis (pronounced Bell-keys) is a very nice and slow teacher - perfect for me!

We took a break around 10AM to go in search of coffee - cafe. Finally we found some - my first coffee in Honduras. Very strong and good - even without milk.

In case you hadn't heard of Our Little Roses, which was started by the wife of the Episcopal Bishop of Honduras, I'm including a link here.
http://www.ourlittleroses.org/

From the website: "In Honduras where the plight of abused and abandoned girls was once ignored, the ministry of Our Little Roses home has become an oasis of hope and opportunity for the girl child at risk. God has truly blessed this ministry shown in the transformed lives of once destitute girls. It began with a vision given to Doctor Diana Frade of hope with life-changing dimensions for physically and emotionally abused girls as well as orphans."

The sounds of children laughing, playing and singing is such a joy to hear! The Bilingual School includes boys and male teachers which was a surprise for me today having only seen girls and women yesterday on my tour, except for the guard.




San Pedro Sula is in the northwest part of Honduras. It's the 2nd largest city behind Tegucigalpa.



Now it's time for me to study! Adios!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Muy bien!! I am so proud of you. Love the map - great idea!

Lauralew said...

Wow, Beth! Didn't realize you were in all of this! Great! I'll email you later so more then!