Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer Is Almost Over


I have two more days of Greek - a quiz and final test! I am amazed at how much I've learned in 3 weeks, and I am able to translate basic sentences - very exciting!!

My Thursday night class on Spiritual Direction starts this week. The course is offered at another seminary in the area. A number of classmates are taking this class. Should be fun to learn with them in a different environment.

My September calendar is filling up. Field Education begins on Sunday, Sept 7th. I serve on chapel team the week of Sept 7th and will preach in the seminary chapel on Sept 9th - Constance & Her Companions. The following weekend (9/19-20) is our class retreat and I will be facilitating a workshop on the labyrinth. Our class gift, at this point, MAY be an outdoor labyrinth which, personally, I think would be a tremendous addition to the campus.

The metaphor of the labyrinth is applicable to life, especially to life of a senior in seminary! One needs to remind oneself to take one step at a time, and even though there are twists and turns, it is important to stay on the path. Breathe, pace yourself, rest when necessary, and keep your eyes open! And so I will!

No comments: