Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Greek to Me!

I'm immersed in Biblical Greek and it is Greek to me! I started the three-week summer course last Tuesday, three days after returning from South Africa. In addition to daily quizzes, we have two major tests the first of which is Thursday. For me Greek has been easier, maybe more logical, than Hebrew, which I took the summer of my Junior year. It does help that the professor is engaged and enthusiastic about the subject! So far we've memorized more than 50% of the words in the New Testament, of course that includes all the "ands, buts and fors."

Surprisingly I am one of two Seniors in the class, except for the TA. I think there are about the same number of Seniors in Hebrew.

Well, I need to study vocabulary, and work on parsing and translation! Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Lauralew said...

Hey B, who are the other seniors? Just wondering.