Monday, September 8, 2008

Chapel Team Week

Week two of senior year and I've finally engaged! On hindsight I realize I've had more difficulty with 're-entry' than I thought or expected. While I successfully made it through the 3-week immersion in Greek which began a short 48 hours after returning from South Africa, I did not lock into my new schedule and responsibilities when the semester started after Labor Day! So this weekend I spent a significant amount of time getting a hold of things including my schedule, 'to do list', and upcoming deadlines.

The most important set of responsibilites this week revolves around Chapel Team! I am serving on a team with Juniors, Middlers and another Senior, as well as a Faculty Advisor. We lead daily Morning Prayer and the Wednesday Noonday Eucharist for the seminary community. Today I was the greeter; tomorrow I read the lesson from Job; Weds AM I officiate; Weds Noon I chalice; and Thurs I read the lesson from the New Testament. As I senior I am invited to preach at a noonday Eucharist during Chapel Team Week. I accepted the invitation and will stand in the seminary pulpit tomorrow at noon and share the Good News!! The text is II Corinthians 1:3-5. The thesis is that God comforts us, a.k.a. strengthens us, so we are strengthened to comfort others. Prayers are appreciated!

2 comments:

Lauralew said...

So how did it go? The preaching and other stuff, that is!

BTW, I'm also holding the folks along the TX coast up in prayer. How scary.

bethoc said...

The week was great! Preaching went very well. The celebrant, NT prof KG, and another faculty member, Sys Theo KS, both said the sermon was powerful. Several students shared their positive feedback and some said they were moved to tears.

Our family in Houston are without power. Many friends left the area before the storm. We hope they get power soon.

Hope you're doing well.