Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Time Flies When You're Doing What You Love!

Two years ago, on June 13, I was ordained to the Sacred Order of Deacons. On July 1, 2009 I joined the ministry team at Church of the Ascension in Gaithersburg, MD. These two years have flown by and I am having a wonderful time serving as a priest and pastor among the people at Ascension. We are a very diverse community who are faithful to the Gospel in upper Montgomery County. As I look at the congregation from the altar on Sundays I am continually amazed at this Kingdom of God on the corner of Summit and Frederick Avenues in Gaithersburg!

My ministry areas include Christian Formation for Children which encompasses Godly Play - which we started last year, Vacation Bible School - ReNew in 2010 and PandaMania in 2011, the Epiphany Pageant and other children's activities, and Pastoral Care which includes our Pastoral Partners ministry and other pastoral care. A talented and committed corps of lay people dedicate countless hours to Christian Formation for Children and Pastoral Care. I'm fortunate to help recruit, train and lead these amazing people.

I love what I do and I can't believe it's been two years since my last post! Hopefully I'll be posting more often. It's great to be back.

No comments: