Thursday, May 15, 2008

One Down, One To Go!


One exam - Systematic Theology - is finished and tomorrow I have my final, comprehensive, entire semester worth of Ethics exam! Then preaching Sunday on the Trinity using a visual. Sermon discussion is after the service - a new experience for me! I still have to put final touches on a paper for ST before COB on Monday and then I'm truly a Senior! It's exciting and yet bittersweet. I will miss the Seniors who are graduating and moving onto new ministries. As a sacristan, I will be carrying the Processional Cross for graduation next Thursday (5/22). It's an honor.
Summer will involve working at the Seminary Library and other places before spending a week at 'preaching camp' at Villanova. A week's vacation in Miami at the end of June and then heading to South Africa for an immersion - cross cultural experience in mid-July. Fortunately I will have 2+ weeks to tour South Africa before returning home in time to study Greek!
But for now, I'm off to study for my Ethics exam!

1 comment:

Lauralew said...

Wow Beth, 2/3 of the way there! And what an honor to be allowed to carry the Cross in the processional! I wish I could watch the ceremony but I can't--no sitting and watching the Internet where I work. I've watched other VTS webcasts since I've been here, but that one unfortunately I'll miss. Hope all is well!